You are hereby cordially invited to the Festival of Flight Carnival at the MSPCA at Nevins Farm!
Hosted by: SOAR Birds
Date: January 19, 2014
Time: 1 -3 pm
Location: MSPCA at Nevins Farm, Training and Education Room (The Training Room is located on the left side of the Small Animal Care and Adoption Center as you face the building from the parking lot. Look for our signs or visit the bake sale table in the shelter’s front lobby and our volunteers will show you the way!) The MSPCA is located at 400 Broadway, Methuen, MA.
Janaury is adopt a bird/bird awareness month on Sunday we are going to celebrate the love our birds bring to us. Rehome:Relove:Reward
This event is free to all, although we will gladly accept donations, as we try very hard to raise funds to help the MSPCA at Nevins Farm bring more medical, enrichment and foster care for the exotic and domestic birds.
Our celebration will include:
Dusty’s Workshop -“How to make easy bird toys on shoe string budget”
– Dusty the lovebird was surrendered because he had ‘issues’.
– His issues were that he had no enriching toys and activities.
– Dusty and Sheila are trying to raise money to do more activities that will provide fun enrichment for all.
Rocky’s Hot Chocolate Stand (with whipped cream!)
– Rocky the amazon had an abused past and is now adopted and doing great.
– His hot chocolate stand is trying to raise money for medical care.
Theoden Cockatoo Photo Op
– Theoden the Umbrella Cockatoo, originally known as Mystery, was surrendered because he was too much work.
– He is thriving now and loves people. Come and meet a Cockatoo who loves pizza!
– Bring your camera and get a photo.
– Theoden is trying to raise money to help get more toys for the birds at Nevins Farm.
Arya’s Kids Art Table
– Ayra is a young cockatiel and always wants to have fun. She’s decided we should have Kid art table.
– Kids can make Fun Parrot Mask and pretend to be a bird!
– Free fun for the kids.
Art by Jill
– Come and see some beautiful bird art work for sale.
– Jill is a local artist who loves birds (as well as other animals)
Charlie’s Bake Sale
– Charlie the ring neck dove, is our famous star who was on WBZ Pet Parade several weeks ago.
– Charlie has not been adopted yet so he hopes that hanging out at the Bake Sale he will get adopted. 😉
– Skip your diet and taste some of the yummy things at the Bake Sale (treats for any donation).
Foster Care Raffles and Silent Auction
– The Foster Team has several items up for raffle and silent auction
– The Raffle has dog basket and cat basket items (this raffle goes all month – drawing on Jan 26.
– Raffle tickets are $1.00 for 2 tickets
– Silent Auction is all day Sunday and final drawing is at 3pm. (If you come, you will find out if you won)
– There will be several items up on the silent auction.
– How this will work is there will be boxes associated with the items.
– Write name, phone number and donation amount you would pay for that item
– Highest bid wins the item (once the donations is made)
– If the highest bidder declines, the next person will be called.
During all of this, remember to please leave your bird at home. January is cold and the training room is not set up for everyone’s bird. We are celebrating the spirit of the birds. Plus, when you go home you might have a bunch of stuff for your little one!
There will be thank you goodies, treats and so much more! Please pass the word that Sunday is the day for celebrating birds!
We so hope to see you there! Please bring a friend, send out emails to your bird loving friends, announce it on twitter, share on Facebook or send out smoke signals. The more people who share, the more birds we can help!
Thank you so much for your support!
~ Sheila & Melissa